2017 KEHP Health Insurance Open Enrollment is October 10th through October 24th.
It is MANDATORY for every employee.
This is an active enrollment and EVERYONE must make an election.
If you do not enroll YOU WILL BE DEFAULTED INTO THE STANDARD PPO PLAN at whatever level you had last year!
STEPS TO FOLLOW
1) Every employee should have recieved a letter* in their home mail from KEHP (Kentucky Employees' Health Plan) with their User ID and information on how to enroll in the 2017 health care plan.
* If you have not received your letter, please contact KEHP between October 10-24. The information found here: 2017 Benefits Selection Guide (page 33) will help.
2) Click the link below for the digital benefits guide. It is the resource you will need to use to make your selection.
KEHP 2017 Benefits Selection Guide.
3) To enroll, go to this link (openenrollment.ky.gov) with your User ID and follow the directions. PLEASE NOTE: everyone will need to reset their own password. The link will only be available during the Open Enrollment window of October 10 - 24.
NOTE: If you have dependents, make sure their personal information is correct. Also, make sure you select them when you choose your plan.
NOTE: If you have a family CROSS REFERENCE plan, you must turn in a paper application during the window. It is found in the 2017 Benefits Selection Guide on page 31-32. If you currently cross reference, you may receive a pre-populated cross reference application in your home mail. If you are electing for the first time, you will not receive this form.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Heidi Clark with questions regarding your insurance benefits.
Administrative Assistant/Benefits Coordinator
502-633-2375 ext. 227
2017 Cafeteria Plan Open Enrollment is October 10 - November 3rd.
Cafeteria Plan Options (dental, vision, etc.)
The Cafeteria Plan Options are different from health insurance and state life insurance. These benefits include dental plans, cancer insurance, vision coverage, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, additional term life insurance, tax-deferred retirement plans, charitable contributions, and dues. As required by the IRS, you MUST meet with an enroller from Annuity Associates each year.
To view a digital version of the (Cafeteria Plan) Employee Benefits Guide, click here. This link also includes the schedule of when and where enrollers will be available (see page 11.)
CANCER - The AllState Cancer policy has been discontinued on a payroll basis. If you are an existing member, you may keep it as a personal bank draft deduction. The other option is:
NEW! CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE - Receive a lump sum cash benefit, up to a maximum, paid directly to youfor approved claims.
1) See the information here for covered conditions.
2) See the information here for plan information.
NEW! ACCIDENT INSURANCE - Plan pays cash benefits that may be used to meet deductibles, satisfy co-pays, etc.
Click here to learn more.
DENTAL - There are two choices for dental insurance. They are listed below. Both are through Delta Dental, which is a new carrier. An overview comparison of the two can be found by clicking here.
1) Delta Dental PPO Dental PPO+Premiere - Under this plan, you may use your benefits in-network or out-of-network with a deductible of $25 for single coverage and a maximum of $75 per family. Preventative services are covered at 100% (with no deductible), minor care is covered at 80% after deductible, and major care (including implants) is covered at 50% after deductible. There are orthodontic services included for dependent children up to age 19. There is a 12 month waiting period for Major and Orthodontic services but that will be waived for anyone currently enrolled in any dental plan and for new hires. The annual maximum, excluding ortho, is $1,000 per covered participant.
For a summary of benefits, click here.
Participants in this plan may choose from two dentist networks:
PPO Dentist directory
Premiere Dentist Directory
2) Delta Dental DeltaCare - This plan includes the advantages of no waiting periods, no office visit co-pays, no deductibles, no claim forms, no extra lab fee charges for crowns or dentures, and orthodontics for children and adults. There is also no annual maximum benefit. You do not have to pre-select a dentist but you must go to a dentist with the DeltaCare network.
Click here for a list of participating dentists.
For a summary of benefits, click here.
Avesis - Click here for more information.
VOLUNTARY LIFE / SHORT TERM & LONG TERM DISABILITY
Sun Life - Click here for more information.