Please complete this volunteer form 2016-2017
Take time to volunteer. It will be time well spent. Just ask the countless number of parents and individuals who spent hour after hour, day after day, month after month in Shelby County Public Schools last year. They worked with teachers, assisted students in the classroom, handled paperwork in the copy or laminating room, checked in students in reading programs, put together sets for plays, accompanied classes on field trips and even chaperoned dances.
There is something for everyone when it comes to volunteering.
This is your official invitation to consider being a volunteer for Shelby County Public Schools. Volunteers in the school not only strengthen the quality of school programs, but they also provide a one-on-one opportunity for many students that would otherwise not be possible. In the Shelby County Public Schools system, I have been able to witness first hand the benefits of a strong volunteer program. Because of positive experiences in our schools, each year we have more individuals - like you - who want to share their talents and abilities with our students.
- Make sure every student receives a quality education.
- Have high expectations to ensure student success.
- Use continuous improvement practices in order to succeed.
- Build positive relationships to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Focus on our greatest resources – quality staff and effective use of time.
- Establish teamwork between the school and the home/community to achieve excellence.
- Celebrate diversity to enrich learning and life.
- Promote the benefits of public education to the entire community.
The skills, gifts and love of learning that volunteers bring to our students are a critical part of making our beliefs a reality.
We hope you will become a member of our volunteer program. Simply contact the Family Resource Center Coordinator at your school to get an application. The process involves a criminal records check, with only those successful reports being considered eligible to volunteer. We also ask that volunteers sign a participation and confidentiality statement. And, last but certainly not least, we ask that you sign in at each school where you volunteer and wear a name tag for security reasons.
We stand ready to make your experience meaningful. Again, thank you for considering an investment in the lives of our students - our future.