Shelby County Public Schools -Facilities takes great pride and puts forth much effort to provide our students, staff and community with:
- Safe and secure facilities
- Clean and well maintained facilities
- Energy efficient facilities and student/staff practices
- Clean and aesthetically pleasing campuses / grounds
- Efficient and comprehensive emergency management plans reviewed and approved by first responders
- Safe and efficient bus routes
- Nutritious and balanced meals
We, as the Facilities personnel, have the belief that our purpose is to serve the students of Shelby County Public Schools. Each work order processed, meal prepared, route developed, and school designed strives to support the 21st Century Learner. We realize our role in education is to provide the services necessary to support our students to be College and Career Ready. Students need to be able to focus on their learning, and through Facilities’ efforts we strive to provide the best educational environment possible to allow student to focus on academic success.
We, as the Facilities personnel, work hard each day to support the school administration and teachers. Our role is to remove barriers and obstacles that may affect school staff abilities to focus on quality instruction. We wish to provide the servant leadership to our school staff so they can develop their skills in curriculum, instruction and assessments.
As we design and develop plans for new schools, and renovation projects we utilize the following:
- Research based practices that support facility design to enhance student achievement.
- Kentucky Green and Healthy Standards
- Energy Star Standards
- Crime Prevention through Environmental Design
- Our school users and community input through forums and work sessions
Assistant Superintendent for Facilities
Our Facilities Construction Projects Energy Management
Custodial/Warehouse Maintenance/ Grounds