Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar
Background image of chalk board

Food Service

Cindy Murphy


Cindy Murphy
Food Services Coordinator

Welcome to Shelby County Nutrition Food Service Website!

Shelby County School Nutrition Food Service program provides nutritious lunches and breakfasts that meet the strict guidelines of the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Programs.  ( USDA Guidelines on School Meals)   Our menus are certified to be nutritionally balanced to meet or exceed the U.S. Department of Agriculture dietary standards. 

Our cafeteria staff is composed of over 80 full and part time workers that are based at the district’s 11 schools and central office. The cafeterias are managed on a day to day basis by the cafeteria manager along with a devoted staff of cafeteria workers.    


All elemetary schools and the preschool will be a part of the Community Eligibily Provision (CEP). CEP allows all students in participating schools to receive breakfast and lunch at no cost. All familes at these schools will be asked to fill out an Educational Benefit Form (EBF). This will allow the necessary information to be collected to provide other educational benefits to your children. In order for our district to continue meals at no cost to all elementary and preschool students, it is important for you to return this form to your child’s school.

Which form do I fill out? The Free/Reduced-Price Application or the Educational Benefit Form?

At schools that are eligible for meals at no cost through Community Eligibility Program (CEP), an Educational Benefit Form (EBF) should be completed. These forms will be printed on yellow paper and are available at the school office of your child’s school and/or will be sent home with other enrollment paperwork. All elementary schools and the preschool are CEP approved schools.

At the middle and high schools, which are not eligible for CEP, fill out a Free/Reduced-Price Meal Application

If you have children at both types of schools, fill out only the Free/Reduced-Price Meal Application.

      For more information, call (502)633-2375

 Educational Benefit Form (English)                                               Educational Benefit Form (Spanish)


Free & Reduced School Meals

Shelby County School Nutrition Food Service program provide Free & Reduced Price Meals for all secondary students. Print and fill out the form below and return to your child's School Nutrition Food Service Manager or to the School Nutrition Food Service Staff at Central Office. You will be notified by mail once your application has been process. Please note that only one application per family is necessary for a family. This application is good for the entire school year and should be submitted at the start of the school year or any time there is a change in a family’s financial status. You can contact your child’s school or the School Nutrition Staff at Central Office for details. Please be aware that all sensitive income information and your child’s benefits status is always kept confidential.

Free & Reduced Lunch Form (English)         Free & Reduced Lunch Form (Spanish)

Allergy/ Meal Modification Request

The School Nutrition Food Service staff will modify meals to accommodate students with allergies or an intolerance to certain foods. The Allergy/ Meal Modification Request Form needs to be filled out by a licensed medical authority specifying the food item that your child is allergic to and the recommended substitution so we can keep your child safe.


Students at the middle and high schools will be allowed one weeks’ worth of lunch charges, $12.25 for full paid students and $2.00 for students receiving reduced priced meals. After the charge limit is reached, students will be given an alternative meal of cheese & crackers or turkey sandwich with a fruit and milk. Alternative meals will continue until all charges are paid or arrangements for payments are made with SNFS manager and/or school principal.

Weekly charge reminders will be sent Wednesday and charge reports will be sent to the school office at that time. Emails and phone calls will be made as needed in an effort to collect outstanding balances. The school principal will determine if further action is needed. These actions could include students not being allowed to participate in extra school activities.

Alacarte items cannot be charged. If a student has charges on their account, they will not be allowed to purchase ala-carte items until the account is paid in full.

All outstanding charges must be paid by May 15th of each school year. There will be no breakfast or lunch charges beyond May 15th or the last two week of school.  For more information, call (502)633-2375



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,

color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3)  email: program.intake@usda.gov . This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Click here or image below to see our Nutrition and Physical Activity Report Card

  Physical Activity and Nutrition                                                                                         

Click Here or the Image Below For Menus                                                                

Certified Healthy Menus                     

Click on Pay or Here To See Your Efunds