Painted Stone FRC (Family Resource Center)
The Painted Stone Family Resource Center believes that all families can succeed. The Painted Stone FRC mission is to function as a catalyst for coordination of resources and services in the community and to ensure the educational, physical, social and emotional needs of Painted Stone families are met. The Painted Stone FRC will serve to strengthen and support family units, to overcome barriers, to succeed by bridging the gaps between families and existing resources by providing direct services when needed.
Services Provided by Family Resource Center
• Information: Families can receive materials on health services, childcare programs, workshops, support groups, career or job skills training, recreational opportunities, treatment programs, educational support, financial assistance or crisis help.
• Parent library: Books, pamphlets, videos, magazines, and tapes are available on parenting topics, child issues, health, caring for children, safety, homework, learning disabilities, gifted children, peer pressure, drug and alcohol issues, abuse or domestic violence, discipline, activities for children and ways to interact with children.
• Family fun: Periodically, the center organizes fun activities for students, parents, or both.
• Educational support: Workshops can be scheduled on homework, learning disabilities, math, science, writing portfolios, or basics of education reform. Adults can also receive help in locating GED, job skills training, or literacy programs. The FRC also works closely with the school to address any attendance concerns.
• Health Screenings: Basic screenings are held annually for hearing, vision, or dental needs. The FRC provides referrals to local health care providers and mental health services.
• Student Needs: School supplies, some clothing, mentors, or other resources can be provided to remove barriers of learning.
• Crisis help: Sometimes things happen that are beyond one’s control. The center can lend a helping hand. The coordinator acts as a liaison between local mental health providers, parents, and the school.
• Parent/Community involvement: The center Coordinator serves as the volunteer coordinator for the school and works to share information with volunteers, find placements for volunteers, coordinates appreciation activities, makes sure everyone is in compliance with both school and board policies, and seeks to develop new opportunities for working parents and community volunteers to get involved.
Please feel free to e-mail me by clicking here or call directly at 647-4503.