• Welcome to Shelby County Nutrition Food Service Website!

    Shelby County School Nutrition Food Service program provides nutritious lunches and breakfasts that meet the strict guidelines of the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Programs. Our menus are certified to be nutritionally balanced to meet or exceed the U.S. Department of Agriculture dietary standards. 

    Our Cafeteria staff is composed of over 80 full and part time workers that are based at 12 schools and the central office. The cafeterias are managed on a day-to-day basis by the Cafeteria Manager along with a devoted staff of cafeteria workers.    



    Once again for the 2021-22 school year, all meals are FREE for all students!

    The USDA will allow school districts to operate under the Seamless Summer Option for the 2021-22 school year. This allows our school nutrition department to serve everyone 18 years and younger for free. All SCPS students will receive both breakfast and lunch meals at no cost. 

    When we are operating in person school, menus will be posted on the website. We are operating under the serve method which means all meals will be the same for everyone. Each student will be served one of each item on the menu. Middle Schools will have an alternate entree selection. Each meal will include a milk. We will accommodate food allergies to best of our ability. Menus are subject to change due to the availabilty of food.       

    High Schools will be opperating under offer vs. serve method. They will be able to select 3 of the five meal components to make a reimbursable meal. A student must select a least 1/2 cup of fruit or vegetable and two other full components to make their meal. 

    If you have any question please call our Food Services Department at (502) 633-2375.



    All elementary schools, middle schools and preschools will continue to be a part of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). CEP allows all students in participating schools to receive breakfast and lunch at no cost. All families at these schools will be asked to fill out an Educational Benefit Form (EBF). This will allow the necessary information to be collected to provide other educational benefits to your children. In order for our district to continue meals at no cost to all elementary and preschool students, it is important for you to return this form to your child’s school.

    These forms will be printed on yellow paper and are available at the school office of your child’s school and/or will be sent home with other enrollment paperwork. 

    At the middle and high schools, which are not eligible for CEP, fill out a Free/Reduced-Price Meal Application. If you have children at both types of schools, fill out only the Free/Reduced-Price Meal Application.

    For more information, call our Food Services Department at (502)633-2375.


    Free & Reduced School Meals

    Shelby County School Nutrition Food Service program provides Free & Reduced Price Meals for all high school students. Fill out the form and return to your child's School Nutrition Food Service Manager or to the School Nutrition Food Service Staff at Central Office. You will be notified by mail once your application has been processed. Please note that only one application is necessary for a family. This application is good for the entire school year and should be submitted at the start of the school year or any time there is a change in a family’s financial status. You can contact your child’s school or the School Nutrition Staff at Central Office for details. Please be aware that all sensitive income information and your child’s benefits status is always kept confidential.

    Contact the Shool Nutrition Food Service Department at (502) 633-2375 or your child's school to get a form.

     Note: During the 2021-22 school year, free & reduced applications will be processed for the purpose of other educational benefits. If you want to check on your status, please contact the School Nutrition Food Service Department at (502)633-2375.


    Allergy/ Meal Modification Request

    The School Nutrition Food Service staff will modify meals to accommodate students with allergies or an intolerance to certain foods. An "Allergy / Meal Modification Request Form" needs to be filled out by a licensed medical authority specifying the food item that your child is allergic to and the recommended substitution so we can keep your child safe.

    Contact the Food Service Department at (502) 633-2375 or your child's school to get a form.


    Charge Procedure

    During the 2021-22 school year all meals will at no cost to students. 

    Students at the high schools will be allowed one weeks’ worth of lunch charges. All charges are paid or arrangements for payments are made with SNFS manager and/or school principal before the end of the school year.

    Weekly charge reminders will be sent and charge reports will be sent to the school office at that time. Emails and/or phone calls will be made as needed in an effort to collect outstanding balances. The school principal will determine if further action is needed. These actions could include students not being allowed to participate in extra school activities.

    A' la carte items cannot be charged. If a student has charges on their account, they will not be allowed to purchase a' la carte items until the account is paid in full.

    All outstanding charges must be paid by May 15th of each school year. There will be no breakfast or lunch charges beyond May 15th or the last two week of school.  For more information, call (502)633-2375.



    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,

    color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete a USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3)  email: program.intake@usda.gov . This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

  • Cindy Murphy

    Food Services Coordinator



    Comments (-1)