The mission of Marnel C. Moorman School is to promote a student centered environment that empowers self-reliant learners who have competence and strength of character to realize their aspirations and thoughtfully contribute to a diverse and changing world.
The Vision of the Marnel C. Moorman School is to engage, lead and serve.
In order to support our students as they become passionate, lifelong learners, we hold the following values as top priorities in our journey together:
- We respect our students, families, colleagues, and community members and understand the importance of our work together as partners in education.
- We are an inclusive community where diversity is valued, and we respect, care for, and appreciate each other.
- We provide a balanced educational experience, where students feel safe and connected in all areas of development: social-emotional, physical and academic.
- We believe all members of our community should be passionate leaders of their own learning, and that all students deserve appropriate challenges and support to meet their individual needs.
- We are developing the leaders of tomorrow and understand they will need to develop academic skills and character traits, including integrity, empathy, and compassion to reach their potential.
- We understand that failure is an important part of learning, and we are committed to providing a safe and secure social, emotional, and physical environment where all student can prosper, persevere, and learn from their mistakes.
VISION OF SHELBY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Inspired Learning, Leading, and Living
MISSION OF SHELBY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Preparing wise students who master standards, lead by example, and embrace social responsibility
SHELBY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS NON DISCRIMINATION POLICY
The Shelby County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability in admission to, or participation in, its programs, services or activities, or in any aspect of its operations. SCPS also does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its hiring or employment practices. The school administration is responsible for investigating reports of discrimination, harassment or violence. To report an incident against you or someone else, please fill out a form in the main office.