The Jackson - Phillips Service Award
Criteria for Selection:
- Nominees should be either Shelby County Public Schools part-time or full-time employees, or students.
- The nominations can be individuals or groups. Nominations may be submitted by students, faculty, administrators, staff, parents, and friends.
- The award will consist of a $500 check to be used for educational purposes and a framed certificate. The award will be presented on the closing day ceremony for SCPS.
- The awards committee will consist of the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, Assistant Superintendent of Operations, a representative from the award sponsor, and a board member of SCPS.
- Evaluation of nominees will be made based on a demonstration of the following criteria for extraordinary service:
- Service that is in addition to regular roles and responsibilities and is evident over a period of time.
- Direct service to the Shelby County community.
- Evidence of the impact on the school community or the Shelby County community