- MLCHS Online Catalog - Look here to check the availability of library materials.
- Shelby County Public Library - Support the public library.
RECOMMENDED READING AND AWARD LISTS
- Best Fiction for Young Adults - From the American Library Association.
- Alex Awards - Adult books that appeal to young adults.
- Coretta Scott King Awards - Titles by authors of African descent whose works promote an understanding and appreciation of the "American Dream".
- Pura Belpre Awards - Presented to a Latino/Latina writer and illustrator whose work best portrays, affirms, and celebrates the Latino cultural experience.
- Newbery Medal - Awarded annually to the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
- Michael L. Printz Award - For excellence in young adult literature.
- Great Graphic Novels for Young Adults - Recommended list of graphic novels and illustrated nonfiction, prepared by YALSA.
- Outstanding Books for the College Bound - Fiction, nonfiction, biography, drama, poetry, and more.
- Sibert Medal - The Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal is awarded annually to the authors and illustrators of the most distinguished informational book published in English the preceding year.
- ALA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers - From the American Library Association.
- Notable Books - Annual list of important books for children, young adults, and adults.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Awards - An annual award for the best book as chosen by the students of Kentucky.
Looking for a good book? Try NoveList. This database is a comprehensive guide to fiction. To access, click on the link above. Click on "For Students" and the "High School". If using NoveList at home, you will need a user name and password. Please see a librarian for this information.
MLCHS TOP BOOKS IN CIRCULATION
What books are circulating the most at MLCHS right now? Here is a sample of the most popular books: