Below is a list of the major digital platforms we use in Shelby County. Helpful resources and/or links are shown for each.
After you have looked over the information below, if you or your students still have issues accessing the digital platforms, please submit your request via our Google Form.
Don't forget the following checklist when troubleshooting Empower or Clever login issues (emailed to all staff on 9/7/19):
- Make sure you have a working, correct email address. Is your name spelled correctly? Can you access your webmail? Is Google Drive working? If not, check with your building tech.
- See if you are in Infinite Campus. If you are not, that has to be created first by your front office person or Sarah Krauss at Central Office.
- Make sure you have the working, correct SHELBY email address underneath your Infinite Campus profile. If it is blank, incorrect (typos, name changes, etc.), or it is your personal email address from when you first got hired, it needs to be changed. Your front office person in charge of Infinite Campus OR Sarah Krauss OR your building tech can update this. (See screenshot below.)
- Are you using the right site / hitting the right button?
- Clever: Make sure you are using this URL. If you have other Clever login questions, view this Doc. Remember, while all students should have a Clever account created, only staff recognized as “teachers” in IC (i.e. they have at least one class with assigned students and take attendance) automatically have a Clever account created.
- Empower: Make sure you are using this URL. Then, make sure you are using the “Sign In With Google” button, which of course utilizes your Shelby email account. You should NOT be typing any credentials!
The Clever portal is the "one stop shop" that ALL teachers and students need to use in order to access Dreambox (K-8), Lexia Core5 (K-5), Reading Plus (6-8) and Lexia PowerUp (select secondary students). Once logged into the portal, by clicking on the appropriate tile, you should automatically be logged into the appropriate platform.
Dreambox, Lexia and Reading Plus are the district supported adaptive learning systems for numeracy and literacy, mainly for K-8 students.
The portal also offers shortcut links to other sites such as Empower, the district website, and webmail. However, keep in mind they are only links; Clever will NOT automatically log you into any of these sites.
Remember that anyone with a building admin account (principal, instructional coach, etc.) need to log directly into Lexia, Dreambox, and Reading Plus. For these users, do NOT use the Clever Portal.
Start with this document to get important information about Clever (and its adaptive learning systems) at the beginning of the school year.
Directions for teachers and students to log into Clever, as well as information about Clever badges, are available here.
Directions for how parents can access a student's Dreambox progress is available here. (Note: there is currently no parent portal access for our other platforms.)
Quick Start Guide for how to understand each of the three platform dashboards, tips to analyze data and more is available here.
Have an elementary student who has completed Level 18 of Lexia Core5? Analyze the student data with an Instructional Coach and use this checklist as a guide for next steps.
The link to the Clever portal for Shelby County users is here.
Destiny is the way that students and staff can view the library catalog of each of our school locations, including online e-Books!
The link to all of the Shelby locations is available here.
Note that students can log in with their full email address and network password to access additional features.
Please see your school librarian for any questions or concerns about Destiny.
Edgenuity is an optional resource of online coursework/assessment mainly utilized by our virtual and Milestone Academies students.
If you are new to Edgenuity, please read over this "First Steps" document.
Edgenuity accounts are uploaded once at the beginning of the school year, based on middle and high school staff as well as students grades 6-12 at that time. During the school year, Adam Watson will have to manually create an account for new students/staff or do any edits for revised information (for example, changing schools).
Edgenuity usernames and passwords are unique and different from all of our other platforms. If a teacher needs their username, Adam can help. (A teacher is able to reset his/her own password.) A teacher can look up a student's username and reset their password, if necessary.
Edgenuity log in site: https://www.edgenuity.com/
Empower is our district's Learning Management System (LMS) as well as a way to track mastery learning.
Log in portal for Empower: https://shelby.empowerlearning.net
ALL teachers, students and staff should use the "Sign In With Google" button.
For an online quick start guide of videos and helpful documents, go here first.
If you are interested in how Empower calculates scores, read this Doc.
If you are trying to make classrooms in Google Classroom but cannot, don't fret: the first time you try, you are put on a "pending request" list to be made a Teacher inside of our Google Admin console. These are reviewed and approved every few days. If after 48 hours you still cannot make a class, please email Adam Watson.