School Year 2022-2023 Pandemic EBT
Kentucky is still developing a plan to distribute Pandemic EBT benefits for the 2022-2023 school year. We will update this section with details as soon as they are made available.
Summer Pandemic EBT
Summer Pandemic EBT benefits will cover the summer period of June 1-August 31, 2023. To be eligible for Summer Pandemic EBT benefits, children must have been enrolled in a Kentucky school during the 2022-2023 school year and meet one of the following requirements:
- Students who are current SNAP recipients
- Students who attend a Community Eligibility Program (CEP) school
- Students who receive free or reduced lunch at school
Please note that you had to apply for free and reduced school meals by May 31st in order to be eligible for Summer P-EBT payments
These benefits will be distributed onto existing Pandemic or SNAP EBT cards by the end of September. Families who are newly eligible for the program will have a P-EBT card sent to the address on file at their child's school. Eligible children will receive $120.
Things to consider:
- There may be an application for School Year 2022-2023 Pandemic- EBT benefits, but no such application is open yet. Please keep your and your child's information safe and do not share personal information or fill out any applications that are not directly through the Department of Community Based Services.
- If you no longer have your P-EBT card or it is damaged, you can request a new card by calling (888) 979-9949 and it will be mailed within two weeks.
- If your address has changed and you need a new P-EBT card, you can call (855) 306-8959 to update your address and have a new card mailed to you.
- If you receive the wrong amount of Pandemic-EBT benefits, you can request a reconsideration by calling the Cabinet for Health and Family Services at (855) 306-8959. You will need to have the student's full name, date of birth, and State Student ID (SSID) number when you call.