Welcome to Shelby County’s Virtual Learning Academy, “Cultivate”.
The Cultivate Virtual Learning Academy is an independent learning pathway using the online curriculum from Edgenuity for students 6th - 12th grades currently enrolled in Shelby County Public Schools. Check out the following link for information on Edgenuity’s online learning curriculum https://www.edgenuity.com/.
The purpose of Cultivate is to provide highly motivated, independent working students the opportunity to accelerate their class and credit completion and/or early graduation.
Is this a good fit for me?
Successful students participating in Cultivate demonstrate the following characteristics:
Strong study skills
Students seeking accelerated credit accumulation
Independent working students
Previous successful school experience
Responsibilities of a Cultivate student:
- Complete daily assignments
- Meet with Advisor weekly
- Create and implement a set daily schedule for class completion
- Follow the assigned test schedule from the Course Map in Edgenuity and Cultivate
- Complete fall and spring Defense of Learning Exhibitions
Responsibilities of Cultivate Parents/Guardians:
1. Log-in to Edgenuity daily to check:
- “Course Completed” (should be blue or green)
- “Attendance Log” (1-2 hours per class per day)
- “Completion of Daily Assignments” (look for the green check mark)
2. Ensure your child:
- has access to wifi daily
- attends their Weekly Advisory Meeting
- attends their proctored summative assessments
- attends all Cultivate events
- attends all required district and state testing events
- completes fall and spring semester Defense of Learning Exhibitions
How do I apply?
- Meet with your School Counselor
- Review your current grades, Transition Readiness plan, and Personalized Learning Plan to determine if this is the learning pathway for you.
- Complete the Cultivate Virtual Learning Academy application available with your counselor (**see details below).
**Cultivate Virtual Learning Academy Applications can be picked up at each of our middle and high schools. Please notify Mrs. Shipley at (502) 647-4677, once you have completed the application and collected the required documents. Mrs. Shipley will contact you and schedule your interview.
Feel free to contact Mrs. Michelle Shipley, Principal for “Cultivate” or Mrs. Caytie Burgin, the Virtual Learning Facilitator for “Cultivate”.
Give us a call at 502.647.4677 for additional information.