Welcome to the Library
- MLCHS Online Catalog - Look here to check the availability of library materials.
- Shelby County Public Library - Support the public library.
- Martha Layne Collins High School - Home page of MCLHS.
- Webmail - Look here for access to your school e-mail account.
The mission of the Martha Layne Collins High School Library is to ensure that all members of the school community are efficient, effective users of information. The library is a media-rich center, with access to books, both in print and electronic format, magazine subscriptions, and newspaper subscriptions. The library also has an extensive audiovisual collection. Internet connections are available on all library computers, and several subscription databases may be accessed through the library's web site.
The library is open every day from 7:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Extended hours may be available in the afternoons for the 2017-2018 school year. More information will be forthcoming.
The MCLHS Library is staffed with one full-time Library Media Specialist and one full-time Library Media Secretary. Beth Jones obtained her undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of Louisville, an M. A. T. degree from the University of Louisville, and an M.S.L.S. degree from the University of Kentucky. She has spent her entire teaching career in Shelby County. She started out as a science teacher at Shelby County High School, and then spent eight wonderful years as a Library Media Specialist at Shelby County High School with Julie Webb and Dorothy Moffett. In 2010, she started preparing for the new library at MCLHS.
Sharon Mudd is new the Library Media Secretary. She has previous experience working with students at the University of Louisville in Student Support Services, and has worked in a public library setting, as well. Ms. Mudd will be joining the MLCHS staff in July 2017. Pam Redman, our wonderful library media secretary for the past 7 years, is retiring.
To contact the librarian:
Library Media Specialist
Martha Layne Collins High School
801 Discovery Blvd.
Shelbyville, KY 40065
The "Library" section of the MLC web site is created and maintained by Beth Jones, Library Media Specialist at Martha Layne Collins High School.
Just For Students
DID YOU KNOW...?
Students may check out books for two weeks. The books may be renewed one time after the first two weeks.
Students may check out flash drives to save documents.
Students may check out up to five books at a time.
The fine for overdue books is 10 cents a day, not including weekends and holidays.
Students may check out magazines.
The library is open from 7:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. every school day.
LIBRARY NEWS FOR STUDENTS
- "THE LUNCH IN THE LIBRAY" series will be back the 2017-2018 school year! This year's dates are September 19th , November 14th , January 23rd , and February 27th .
- A Book Club Sponsored by Mrs. Jones meets on Club Days. See Mrs. Jones for more details.
- STUDYING FOR YOUR KENTUCKY DRIVER PERMIT TEST? BE SURE TO CHECK OUT A STUDY MANUAL IN THE LIBRARY!
- Makerspace projects will be available for students all school year. Activities will rotate through the year.
FOLLOW THE LIBRARY ON TWITTER. FIND US BY SEARCHING FOR Beth Jones @mlchslibrary.
CHECK OUT A MOVIE FROM THE LIBRARY. ASK US ABOUT OUR BOOKS TO MOVIES COLLECTION.