College & Career Readiness Updates
Applications are now being accepted for the LBA’s annual Summer Law Institute, a seven day, residential program for high school students interested in the law. The 2019 camp, scheduled for Sunday, June 16 through Saturday, June 22, is a partnership between the LBA, the Brandeis School of Law and Bellarmine University.
The application deadline is Wednesday, April 10 and application packets are available on the LBA website or by contacting Lea Hardwick, email@example.com. Tuition is $225 and a limited number of scholarships are available. SLI is funded by the Louisville Bar Foundation.
Download Application (including scholarship): https://www.loubar.org/news/article/?id=252
Students will have an opportunity to enroll in dual credit classes for Fall 2019 during the month of March. Please find the courses offered and descriptions of courses at this link: Fall 2019 Dual Credit JCTC Course Offerings
The following steps are required for students interested in pursuing dual credit opportunities during the Fall semester of 2019:
- Discuss course offerings and descriptions with parent/guardian.
- Sign up for a placement exam with your counselor if you do not have qualifying ACT benchmarks (Reading 20 for most qualitative dual credit courses/English 18 combined with Reading 20 for English dual credit courses/Math ACT depends on course)
- Schedule a personalized scheduling conversation with your guidance counselor if you have qualifying scores/GPA
- Select courses that meet high school requirements and general education requirements of most colleges
- Complete enrollment/registration process with JCTC at your high school.
- Be prepared and available to begin dual credit courses the week of August 19. This will be prior to SCPS start date--More information to come.
Assessment dates for students who do not yet have ACT scores/qualifying ACT scores:
Sign Up for Assessments with your Guidance Counselor
MLCHS: March 4 and 6 / April 12 and 26 @MLCHS
SCHS: March 1, 15 and 22 / April 24 @JCTC Milestone Campus during the day