Physical Eduation with Mrs. Iceman
At Clear Creek Elementary our goals for physical education are:
1. Physically literate individual demonstates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a healh-enhancing level of physically activity and fitness.
2. Demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
3. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
Students receive physica education for a minimum of 50 minutes a week and a maximum of 100 minutes a week.
Music with Mrs. Stephens
Clear Creek students participate in music classes for a minimum of 50 minutes a week and a maximum of 100 minutes a week. Students play a variety of instruments, sing, and movie to music each week. Goals for music class include:
1. Plan and create music
2. Connect musical works to their experiences
3. Perform music accurately
4. Respond to artistic musical work
Students in grades 3-5 also have the opportunity to participate in Colt Choir for singing opportunities outside of the regular school day. Fifth grade students may choose to participate in band. These students will learn to play an instrument and apply their knowledge of music reading.
Art with Ms. Holder
Students at Clear Creek Elementary receive art lessons for at least 50 minutes per week. Students learn about and use a variety of artistic mediums to create artwork that is often inspired by famous artists. The goal is for our students to be able to connect art to their experiences, plan and create art, and present and respond to artistic works. We also offer an after school Art Club for 4th and 5th grade students who would like extra art time.