Students attend school in-person to engage in learning while following safety procedures provided by Kentucky Department of Education, the Center for Disease Control and other local, state and federal authorities. Click HERE for an Infographic about SCPS@School.
Healthy and Safety Actions
- Social distancing will be followed in common areas with signs and floors marked for a safe distance.
- All staff and students will have daily temperature checks before coming to school.
- Students with symptoms or a temperature greater than 100 will be isolated under adult supervision.
- Parents will be contacted and the student must be picked up.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed in all schools.
- Increased cleaning protocols will be used in all areas of the school.
- The frequency of hand washing will increase.
- Group meetings and campus visitors will be limited.
Click here for FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS regarding SCPS@School.
- Parents will ensure that the student is free of fever and symptoms before boarding the bus.
- Masks will be worn on buses where social distancing cannot be accommodated for Kindergarten - 12th-grade students.
- Students will be assigned seats on AM/PM routes. This is for the need for contact tracing if a case occurs.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and used on buses.
- Household members will sit together on the bus.
- Space will be determined by the number of students using SCPS transportation.
- Buses will be disinfected between each route.
Questions about Masks
- If your student has a medical condition that does not allow them to wear a mask, parents must provide a medical statement from their doctor.
- Click HERE to see how to prepare your child for wearing a mask at school.
- As of July 9, Governor Beshear has mandated the use of masks in all indoor public spaces as well as outdoors when social distancing is not possible. When school begins masks will be required in interior spaces for all faculty and for students Kindergarten and up.
- Masks must follow the same dress code guidelines as other pieces of clothing.
- Masks/facial coverings will be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Where possible, students and faculty must maintain a 6-foot distance between themselves and others.
- Classrooms will maintain six feet of social distancing between students whenever possible and wear masks at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Cafeteria space will be expanded into gyms so that distance is possible while eating and drinking.
Students will be encouraged to bring their own water bottles to re-fill.