Mask Info: How do I help my child wear a mask for school?
1. Explain why: Use easy to understand language and positive phrasing. For example: Many people are sick right now. Wearing a mask will protect you and others from germs."
2. Practice Makes Perfect: Shape the behavior by breaking it down into smaller steps and practice each step.
3. Let's Pretend: Integrate masks into your faborite pretend play schemes.
4. Put masks on stuffed animals and dolls. We are all in this together!
5. Take a picture: Ask family members or friends to take pictures of themselves wearing masks!
6. Get creative: Let your child decorate their mask using crayons or markers.
7. Start with familiar clothing like a scarf or bandana.