If a Student or Faculty Member Demonstrates COVID-19 Symptoms
If a student or a faculty member has a fever above 100 or any other symptoms of COVID-19, they will be sent home immediately.
- Students who demonstrate symptoms will be taken to a designated, enclosed space with supervision until a parent arrives to take them home.
- Before returning to campus for class, athletics, or other activities, individuals must be free of symptoms for 24 hours without medications.
Notification Process if Someone Tests Positive for COVID-19
- All positive COVID-19 cases are mandated to be reported to our local health department.
- Our school nurses serve as contact tracers who will evaluate the school setting and determine if and who may be at risk based on exposure if someone within the schools tests positive for COVID-19.
- Parents will be notified if their child is at risk by the school nurses.
- Due to HIPAA regulations, you will not be notified who tested positive. SCPS is responsible for continuing the child's education.
- SCPS must follow HIPAA regulations and cannot share any information regarding positive cases.
- It is our goal that by following the regulations of social distancing, wearing a mask, and increased hand sanitation that we can significantly reduce the necessity for others to be isolated when there is a positive case of COVID-19. This is why it is so important for everyone to support these measures as we return to school.
Click HERE for more information regarding CONTACT TRACING.