- Clear Creek Elementary
Return to Headlines
New SCPS COVID Testing Site
SCPS COVID Testing Site
Shelby County Public Schools realizes the difficulty many are having to find COVID testing in our area. To help with this community problem, SCPS has partnered with Wild Health, local government officials, and the Shelby County Fair Board to open a FREE drive-thru rapid COVID testing site at the Shelby County Fairgrounds for students, parents, families, staff, or those associated with Shelby County Public Schools.
- The site will be open Sunday through Friday 9 am-5 pm (closed on Saturdays) starting Wednesday, January 19th. No appointment, proof of insurance, or ID is needed to participate in this program. You will be asked to sign a consent to test when you arrive. You will be notified by phone the same day if your result is positive and receive an email within 24 hours from Wild Health with your lab results.
- Due to the addition of this testing availability, students who have had an “outside of school” exposure will no longer be required to quarantine. These exposures are any that have taken place outside of the school setting. The testing for outside exposures must be completed at this off-site location and will not be administered at school.
- The requirement to return to school after an out-of-school exposure is that the student must have no symptoms and receive a negative test for five consecutive days. Example: Test negative on Sunday—go to school on Monday; return to test on Tuesday, etc. for 5 consecutive days from exposure.
- Please reach out to the nurse at your child’s school so she can guide you on what dates your child needs to be tested. School nurses will have access to your child’s negative test results so no documentation will be needed for your child to attend school the next day, once they test negative.
- The “Test to Stay” program is currently in place for at-school exposures only and will continue in the schools. This program is not intended for those students who are currently enrolled in “Test to Stay” unless they have exposure outside of the school setting.
Thank you for participating in this program and for working with us to keep our school community safe.