Neihof's Notes: April 1 - 5
Posted by Cyndi Skellie on 4/8/2019
April 1 - 5, 2019
“LEARNING IS NOT ATTAINED BY CHANCE, IT MUST BE SOUGHT FOR WITH ARDOR AND ATTENDED TO WITH DILIGENCE.”
―ABIGAIL ADAMSSpring Break was full of inspired learning, leading and living in our district! Innovative teachers created wonderful learning opportunities for our students! Stephanie Walker, Matt Denton and David Peirce created a Behind the Music Camp with a field trip to the Louisville Palace and other venues. Students created their own music. The Magic School Bus was once again a magical experience for our younger students. Special thanks to all of the wonderful teachers who organized and kept the fun rolling along! Zach Hypes, our SCPS Teacher of the Year, sponsored another Art and Skatepark Camp for students. Kathy Wrightson, Candice Fulcher and Sheila Fawbush sponsored a Culinary Camp at our Extension Office here in Shelbyville for inspiring young cooks.
As we prepare for a busy and fun-filled spring, please check out the many showcase and exhibition nights at schools. We also have our WHAS ExCel Teacher of the Year program coming up soon!
Highlights of Inspired Learning, Leading, and Living in SCPS with Links
- Equity Through Personalized Learning
- PSE Student Shares personal connection with DC trip
- Magic School Bus Works It's Magic During Spring Break
- Video of Magic School Bus Lesson during Spring Break
- Video of Highlights of Personalized Music Camp During Spring Break
- Behind the Music Camp: Field Trip Day
- Deeper Learning Conference Spring Break Edition
- National ALP Conference Attended by Leadership
- SCHS PLTW Students Learn in Italy
- CCE Spring Break Bucket Tower Challenge
- MLCHS Teacher Tim Oltman Awarded Teacher Excellence Award from ITEAA
- Teacher Shares Special Student Notes During Spring Break
- What Do I Need to Register My Child for Kindergarten?
- SCHS Announces New Graduation Venue
- Culinary Camp was a Yummy Success during Spring Break!
- Celebration of the Success of Born Learning Academies with MUW