The Start of a New Semester!
Posted by Dr. Joseph Ellison, III on 1/1/2018 6:00:00 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope that everyone enjoyed a calm Winter Break filled with peace, fellowship, and rest. As we dive head first into the second half of this school year, I want to bring you up to speed on a few school happenings:
- School resumes on Wednesday, January 3, 2018! 1st period will begin at 8:30 a.m. sharp!
- Midterm Exams were given right before Winter Break. Students who missed exams will be provided two opportunities to complete a make-up exam: Wednesday, 1/3/18 and Thursday 1/4/18 in the Presentation Room after school.
- Juniors will take their 2nd practice ACT exam during the school day on Friday, January 12, 2018. Please encourage your child to put forth his/her best to develop a sense of how to best prepare for the state-mandated ACT text in March.
- SNOGO – As winter approaches, the likelihood for inclement weather increases. Please remember that SCPS asks students to work from home on inclement days called SNOGO days. Please ensure your child completes all assigned work on these days and submits it to their teachers in the manner teachers designate – typically via Schoology.
- Blackboard Parent Communication – We will continue to push phone, email, and text notifications to you by way of our new messaging system. Soon, the district will have a downloadable app. When that occurs, you will also be able to receive notifications there. Please be mindful of these notifications and respond accordingly.
- Website Calendar – Please remember to consult the calendar on the website for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email our Youth Services Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to receive it.
We truly appreciate your partnership in the education of your child. We look forward to seeing you on campus in the near future at a school event.