A Busy February Ahead!
Posted by Dr. Joseph Ellison, III on 1/31/2018 6:05:00 PM
I hope this new year has been off to a wonderful start for all of our Collins High School families. As always, I would like to provide you with a preview of the month of February.
- Torchprep ACT preparation service will be offered at MLCHS beginning on Thursday, February 15, 2018! Go to www.torchprep.com to register for the ongoing course and pay the course fee.
- Free ACT Preparation session will be sponsored by the MLCHS Black Achievers Club on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, from 4:30-7:30 p.m. Interested students may register with Mrs. Donna Jones-Hocker.
- FAFSA Completion Assistance will be offered on Friday, February 16, 2018, to seniors seeking to further their education after high school. Students may see M.s Maggie Gorman to register.
- KOSSA (Kentucky Occupational Skills Standards Assessment) administration will begin on Monday, February 26, 2018, to all students who are preparatory in a career pathway. If your student is a preparatory student, please encourage him/her to get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast before their assessment.
- SnoGo – As winter approaches, the likelihood for inclement weather increases. Please remember that SCPS asks students to work from home on inclement days called SNOGO days. Please ensure your child completes all assigned work on these days and submits it to their teachers in the manner teachers designate – typically via Schoology.
- Blackboard Parent Communication – We will continue to push phone, email, and text notifications to you by way of our new messaging system. Soon, the district will have a downloadable app. When that occurs, you will also be able to receive notifications there. Please be mindful of these notifications and respond accordingly.
- Website Calendar – Please remember to consult the calendar on the website for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email the Youth Services Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to receive it.
We appreciate your partnership in the education of your child. We look forward to seeing you on campus in the near future at a school event.