Posted by Dr. Joseph Ellison, III on 3/6/2018 12:30:00 PM
Parents and School Friends:
February was a busy month in the life of our school. March is shaping up to be much of the same… March Madness in full swing! Here are some key events in the month of March:
- Catch Me If You Can musical will be performed by our theater arts program on Friday, March 9 & 15 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 10 & 17 at 2 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for students and children.
- State VEX Robotics Tournament will be held Saturday, March 10, 2018, in the large gym.
- KMEA (BAND) Preview Concert will be held on Monday, March 12, 2018, at 7 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
- BETA Club Induction will be held on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, at 6:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
- ACT Bootcamp will be held on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at 3:30 p.m. in the Presentation Room
- Spring Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, March 15, 2018, from 4-7 p.m. Please call the school and schedule 10 minutes with each of your child’s teachers.
- Choir Concert will be held on Tuesday, March 20, 2018, at 7 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
- Spring Break will run March 26 – April 6, 2018.
- Blackboard Parent Communication – We will continue to push phone, email, and text notifications to you by way of our new messaging system. Soon, the district will have a downloadable app. When that occurs, you will also be able to receive notifications there. Please be mindful of these notifications and respond accordingly.
- Website Calendar – Please remember to consult the calendar on the website for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email the Youth Services Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to receive it.
We know that testing season begins soon after our return from spring break. Until that time, we are continuing to focus our classroom instruction on moving students to mastery of standards: ensuring students possess the knowledge of the course standards and are able to demonstrate the skills of the course standards. Thanks for your help in ensuring students are well prepared for school each day. We appreciate your partnership in the education of your child. We look forward to seeing you on campus in the near future at a school event.