Posted by Dr. Joseph Ellison, III on 4/6/2018 12:00:00 PM
Parents and School Friends:
I hope everyone enjoyed a safe, relaxing, and rejuvenating Spring Break. It’s hard to believe… but the end of the school year will soon be upon us! April is shaping up to be an exciting and busy month for us at Martha Layne Collins High School. We thank you, in advance, for your support as we push all students to a successful finish to the school year.
Here are some key events in the life of our school during the month of April:
- da Vinci Society Exhibitions (fine arts pathway students) will be performed on Tuesday, April 10 and Wednesday, April 11 from 4-8 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Testing Pre-Bubbling will be held on Monday, April 16 from 8:45-10 a.m. Any student planning to take an AP test should be present.
- State-mandated End of Course (EOC) Field Tests will be given on Tuesday, April 17 through Thursday, April 19 to all students enrolled in Algebra 2, English 2, and Biology classes.
- PROM will be held on Friday, May 20 from 8-11:30 p.m. at the Icehouse in Louisville. Students may sign out at 11:30 a.m. with a parent note. Guest permission forms are due by Friday, April 13, 2018 – no exceptions. Students on LOP list are not eligible to attend.
- We welcome our rising 8th grade students for our annual 8th Grade Visit on Monday, April 23.
- Spring MAP Testing and Make-up ACT will be held on Tuesday, April 24.
- Band Concert will be held on Thursday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
- JROTC Military Ball will be held on Saturday, April 28 at 4 p.m. at the Claudia Sanders Dinner House March.
Please be mindful of these school events and support us by ensuring students have a good night’s rest and a good breakfast prior to test days. Also, we will continue to push phone, email, and text notifications to you by way of our Blackboard Parent Communication system. Please remember to consult the website calendar for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email Ms. Leesa Stivers, our Youth Services Center Coordinator, at email@example.com to register to receive it.
At MLCHS, we are continuing to focus our classroom instruction on moving students to mastery of standards: ensuring students possess the knowledge of the course standards and are able to demonstrate the skills of the course standards. Thanks for your help in ensuring students are well prepared for school each day. It truly takes a village to raise a child; we appreciate your partnership in the education of your child. We look forward to seeing you on campus in the near future at a school event.