A Marvelous May in the Works
Posted by Dr. Joseph Ellison, III on 5/9/2018 12:00:00 PM
Parents and School Friends:
The end of the school year is upon us. I cannot believe! We are finishing our 8th year of existence as a school… and it has been a fabulous one. Thanks to all of our stakeholder groups for your work and help in our pursuit of our school mission: to graduate every student college and/or career ready through positive collaboration, systems of support, and a commitment to excellence for all.
As we finish the school year, here are a few key events to keep in mind:
- CO-OP Exhibitions will be performed on Tuesday, May 1 at 5:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria.
- Orchestra Concert will be held on Thursday, May 3 at 6:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
- State-mandated K-PREP Testing will be given on Monday, May 7 through Friday, May 11 to all 8th grade students. Please ensure students receive a good night’s rest and breakfast!
- AP Exams will be given on Monday, May 7 through Friday, May 18 for students enrolled in Advanced Placement courses. Please ensure students receive a good night’s rest and breakfast!
- Junior K-PREP On-Demand Writing Assessment will be given on Wednesday, May 9. Please ensure students receive a good night’s rest and breakfast!
- Senior Awards Night will be held on Thursday, May 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center. Family members of awards recipients are invited to attend!
- Underclassmen Awards Night will be held on Wednesday, May 23 at 6 p.m. in the Large Gym. Family members of awards recipients are invited to attend!
- Senior Final Exams will be Friday, May 18th (periods 5 & 7); Monday, May 21st (periods 1, 3, &6); and, Wednesday, May 23rd (periods 2 & 4).
- Underclassmen Final Exams will be Wednesday, May 23rd (periods 2 & 4); Thursday, May 24th (periods 1, 3, & 6); and, Friday, May 25th (periods 5 & 7).
- Graduation will be held on Saturday, May 26 at 10 a.m. in the Large Gym.
At MLCHS, we are continuing to focus our classroom instruction on moving students to mastery of standards: ensuring students possess the knowledge of the course standards and are able to demonstrate the skills of the course standards. This is our focus through the last day of school Thanks for your help in ensuring students are well prepared for school each day. It truly takes a village to raise a child; we appreciate your partnership in the education of your child!
We will continue to push phone, email, and text notifications to you by way of our Blackboard Parent Communication system. Please remember to consult the website calendar for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email Ms. Leesa Stivers, our Youth Services Center Coordinator, at email@example.com to register to receive it.