A September in Swing!
Posted by Dr. Joseph Ellison, III on 9/4/2018 5:00:00 PM
It’s hard to believe that we have already been in school for a month! It has flown by… and has been filled with a lot of activity. It has been great to welcome students, staff, parents, and community members back to campus over the last month. September is shaping up to be a busy month. Below are a few key events in the life of Martha Layne Collins High School this month:
- Schoolwide Fall Assessment Day -- Wednesday, September 5. Activities are differentiated by grade on that day:
- 8th grade: MAP (Reading and Math ONLY)
- 9th grade: MAP (Reading, Math, and Language Usage)
- 10th grade: MAP (Reading, Math, and Language Usage)
- 11th grade: Practice ACT
- 12th grade: College Visits (organized to 5 different campuses).
- Governor’s Programs Parent Meeting -- Tuesday, September 11, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Come and receive information about Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs, Governor’s School for the Arts, Governor’s Scholars Program
- College Fair (at Shelby County High School) -- Wednesday, September 12, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Site Based Decision Making Council (SBDM) Meeting -- Wednesday, September 19, 3:45 p.m.
- Football Homecoming (vs. Spencer County) -- Friday, September 21, 7:30 p.m.
Below are a few reminders:
- Student Drop-off and Pick-up
- Students are to be dropped off no earlier than 7:30 a.m. and picked-up be 4 p.m. unless under the direct supervision of a MLCHS staff member.
- Car riders should be dropped off in the front circle in the morning. They should be picked-up either in front circle or the east parking lot (facing the new subdivision). Please do not drop off or pick-up students up at the “T area” near the football field. The west parking lot (close to the baseball fields) is designated for student parking only. This is not a designated drop off or pick-up area.
- Abiding by these principles will help us move traffic in and out as quickly as possible. Please allow adequate time for traffic in both the morning and afternoon.
- Website Calendar
- Please remember to consult the calendar on the website for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email the Youth Services Center Coordinator at email@example.com to register to receive it.
Thanks for entrusting the education of your child to us. Truly, it takes a village to raise a child. We value our partnership with you in the education of your child and their preparation for success in life. We hope to see you in the near future at a campus event.