Posted by Dr. Joseph Ellison, III on 11/5/2018 12:00:00 PM
We had a wonderful Fall Break and are settling back into classroom instruction. As we turn toward the winter months, I remind you to plan for the weather. Rain and snow slow down transportation, so please leave early on those days. Also, please ensure your students know how to access SNOGO work for those days when we are not able to have school as usual.
Below are a few key events in the life of Martha Layne Collins High School in the month of November
- Band Mattress Sale: Saturday, November 10th from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Large Gym
- Veterans’ Day Assembly: Monday, November 12th at 10:40 a.m. in the Large Gym. All veterans in our community are invited to attend and be recognized.
- Progress Reports: Sent home on Wednesday, November 14th
- Site Based Decision Making Council (SBDM) Meeting à Wednesday, November 14th, 3:45 p.m.
- BioMed Pathway Bone Night (Elementary grades): Thursday, November 15th, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Picture Retake Day: Wednesday, November 28th
- KYA Conference: Thursday, November 29th – Tuesday, December 4th
Below are a few reminders:
- Student Drop-off and Pick-up
- Students are to be dropped off no earlier than 7:30 a.m. and pick-up be 4 p.m. unless under the direct supervision of a MLCHS staff member.
- Car riders should be dropped off in the front circle in the morning. They should be picked-up either in front circle or the east parking lot (facing the new subdivision). Please do not drop off or pick-up students up at the “T area” near the football field. The west parking lot (close to the baseball fields) is designated for student parking only. This is not a designated drop off or pick-up area.
- Abiding by these principles will help us move traffic in and out as quickly as possible. Please allow adequate time for traffic in both the morning and afternoon.
- Website Calendar
- Please remember to consult the calendar on the website for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email the Youth Services Center Coordinator at email@example.com to register to receive it.
Thanks for entrusting the education of your child to us. Truly, it takes a village to raise a child. We value our partnership with you in the education of your child and their preparation for success in life. We hope to see you in the near future at a campus event.