Posted by Joseph Ellison on 2/5/2019 9:50:00 AM
It has been an interesting January – complete with warm weather, snow, and SNOGO days. We are now seeing better weather and a full schedule of activities at Martha Layne Collins High School. As always, I would like to provide you with a preview of the month of February.
- Basketball Homecoming Week – the week of February 4-8, 2019. Dress down themes are given each day with basketball games (at 6 and 7:30 p.m.) and a dance (9-11:30 p.m.) on Friday night.
- Torchprep ACT preparation service will be offered at MLCHS beginning on Thursday, February 14, 2019! Go to torchprep.com to register for the ongoing course and pay the course fee.
- KOSSA (Kentucky Occupational Skills Standards Assessment) administration will be given starting on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, to all students who are preparatory in a career pathway. If your student is a preparatory student, please encourage him/her to get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast before their assessment.
- SNOGO – We have already seen some inclement weather this school year. Please remember that SCPS asks students to work from home on inclement days called SNOGO days. Please ensure your child completes all assigned work on these days and submits it to their teachers in the manner teachers designate – typically via Empower.
- Blackboard Parent Communication – We will continue to push phone, email, and text notifications to you by way of our Blackboard messaging system. If you have not already, download the district app for push notifications. Please be mindful of these communications and respond accordingly when necessary.
- Website Calendar – Please remember to consult the calendar on the website for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email the Ms. Shelby Hall, the Youth Services Center Coordinator, at email@example.com to register to receive it.
Truly, it takes a village to raise a child. We appreciate you being a part of our MLCHS village and your partnership in the education of your child. We look forward to seeing you on campus in the near future at a school event!