A Bustling April Ahead
Posted by Dr. Joseph Ellison, III on 4/1/2019 12:05:00 AM
Students, Parents, and Friends of MLCHS:
I hope everyone enjoyed a safe and relaxing Spring Break. It’s hard to believe… but the end of the school year will be upon us very soon! April will be an exciting and busy month for us at Martha Layne Collins High School. We thank you, in advance, for your support as we push all students to a successful finish to the school year.
Here are some key events in the life of our school during the month of April:
- 8th Grade MAP Testing will occur on Monday, April 8 - Tuesday April 9, 2019.
- MAP Testing (9th and 10th grade students) will occur on Wednesday, April 10.
- JROTC Awards Night will be held on Wednesday, April 10 at 6 p.m.
- Community Showcase and Yard Sale will take place on Saturday, April 13 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- JROTC Military Ball will be held on Saturday, April 13 at 4 p.m. at the Claudia Sanders Dinner House.
- da Vinci Society Gala (fine arts pathway students) will be held on Monday, April 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center.
- Personalized Scheduling for the 2019-2020 school year with occur with each student Friday, April 12 - Thursday, April 18.
- 10th Grade State Field Tests (Reading and Math) will be given on Thursday, April 18 in the morning.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Testing Pre-Bubbling will be held on Monday, April 22 from 8:45-10 a.m. Any student planning to take an AP test should be present.
- Jazz and Percussion Ensemble Concert will be held on Thursday, April 25 at 6:30 p.m.
- PROM will be held on Friday, April 26 from 8-11:30 p.m. at the Icehouse in Louisville. Students may sign out at 11:30 a.m. with a parent note. Guest permission forms are due by Friday, April 19, 2019 – no exceptions.
Please be mindful of these school events and support us by ensuring students have a good night’s rest and a good breakfast prior to test days. Also, we will continue to push phone, email, and text notifications to you by way of our Blackboard Parent Communication system. Please remember to consult the website calendar for a listing of school events. A weekly calendar is also published through the Titan E-news. If you do not receive the Titan E-news, please email Mrs. Shelby Hall, our Youth Services Center Coordinator, at Shelby.firstname.lastname@example.org to register to receive it.
At MLCHS, we continue to focus our classroom instruction on moving students to mastery of standards: ensuring students possess the knowledge of and are able to demonstrate the skills of the course standards. Thanks for your help in ensuring students are well prepared for school each day. It truly takes a village to raise a child; we appreciate your partnership in the education of your child. We look forward to seeing you on campus in the near future at a school event.